Another good day for science! 😉
I’m very glad to announce that today new version of ShortcodeTracker was released!
What’s new in 0.6.0 since 0.4.5:
- added redirect tracking also for external URL’s – now you can see which internally tracked pages are being visited, but also who’s used your shortened URL pointing to external page,
- also you can decide, which Piwik site should collect those external URL redirects to avoid polluting your main page statistics with irrelevant redirects,
- shortcode usage reports are now clickable, so you can check for your own what does each of shortcodes lead to,
- new report for internal and external URLs – summary of redirects per actual URL, so regardless of how many shortcodes do you have for the same URL – you’ll be able to find exact number of redirects leading to specific page.
Also plugin has been downloaded from Piwik Market for more than 200 times. Big thanks to everyone who gave this plugin a try 🙂
Stay tuned for more news, as soon there’ll be coming a new page listing some interesting use cases for personal shortener 🙂
After some time – finally ShortcodeTracker plugin has finally reached public release.
Today it was released to Piwik plugins market and also a Piwik forum thread was created to engage Piwik community.
Right now I’m looking forward to any feedback regarding functionalities or other useful suggestions.
Interested in converting your Piwik instance to functional URL shortener? Let me know via email or Github page!
After couple of weeks, finally – ShortcodetTracker plugin for Piwik is out in MVP version.
What does it do?
Basically it allows you to generate a shortcode for any URL you want.
After this, you can use your domain with this code to perform redirect to original URL.
This might be useful to.. well, cut long links short, but also for monitoring how often each of your shortcodes was visited.
Here are few most crucial features of plugin:
- generate shortcode for any custom URL
- integrates with Actions report and adds handy icon to generate such shortocde in one click,
- convert your Piwik instance into redirect host,
- and more coming.
For keeping up to date feel free to observe this repository on Github.
Also any feedback or feature requests are warmly welcome!
Stay tuned for more Piwik plugin goodies!
Some time ago I had great opportunity to dig into possibilities given by Composer library. Thanks to this time I could spend on researching possibilities that Composer brings – I was able to write article about it. It’s describing and explaining how to use Composer for more complex use cases than just downloading vendors. First part has already been published on ClearCode blog, and others are pending.
Original article can be found here http://clearcode.cc/2014/05/manage-application-setup-composer/
If you like it – feel free to comment or ask questions. Also stay tuned for more Composer goodnes comming soon!